Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Open My Heart

     We all get hurt in life. It's just the way its goes. Yes, we make mistakes along the way that cause us to grow. Have you ever ran into that person, who show loves. The moment you have to get close to he or she. They shut down. You ask yourself how? Why? When? You say that he or she shouldn't let that hurt run their life. Well that easier said than done. There might have been a time he or she was reaching out and open their heart. I know from my experience church folk will do it. The partner, spouse, or boyfriend can hurt you until you become a hollow hole internally. Your body and mind goes through emotions that no one can  mentally express. You might  say I can handle the hurt. I want to be loved.
    You know that the ONLY way to receive love is to be open. That battle begins internally. Oh! It's a ugly fight. You will find yourself in tears. The emotions that you once barred to just move on. It hits you like a brick. I know personally, I feel if I start crying I wouldn't stop. I wouldn't cry or you might have heard that you cry about everything. I see it now as your way to keep myself pure and cleansed when you cry. I challenge you to move the pain. I NEED you to open your heart. Here is a piece of work by 
Mellanie Crouell entitled "Open My Heart".


Open My Heart
Mellanie Crouell

For years I open the door
But I wouldn't let anyone in
I would show love and affection
Just as I should
When it’s my turn
I shut down and push him away
Now, I am battling this fight
It’s time to let someone in
Fear of hurt is haunting me
Remembering the pieces of me
Once swept away
Do I deserve this love?
Yes, you have to let him inside
So, he can breathe into me

No comments:

Post a Comment