Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Warning Signs of Abusive Personality

    Readers, I don't like to go very personal on "My Free Thoughts" but today I will. I am a survivor of an abusive relationship. I was thinking there are a lot of women who don't know the signs still. I am not trying to be mean but be real. We have people in this world who have knowledge and NO common sense. There are people like you and I who has both. If you have both you are going to look deep before you leap, seriously for real you will three or as many times before you step into a relationship with the signs. At this time I want to warn everyone, especially women  of the signs. I would like you to visit this site www.pennybealememorialfund.org for more about the signs of abusive personality. Also, women who are doing online dating. If this male asking questions like he is the police, demanding your attention, pushing himself on you, these are a few signs to cut conversation at that moment. If you decide to meet someone in person from online. Ladies, DO NOT go by yourself. Please MEET in a public setting!! Please take someone with you. LOOK OUT FOR YOUR well being first. Please take warning to the signs.
     Here are the signs:

1. Jealousy
2. Unrealistic Expectations
3. Isolation
4. Hypersensitivity
5. Threats of violence- let me give you another view on this you all remember Blair Underwood character in "Medea Family Reunion". Well, sometimes that character can come a little tighter in his game. You have to LISTEN to his words. HOW the tone of the words are used. OH! While it hits my mind DO NOT take anything from these men. They take it as if you OWE them. They will give threats like "I will kill you" or "hurt you".
6. Cruelty to children and animals
7. Verbal abuse- Constantly criticize blatantly, degrades, curses at you and call you ugly names
8. Rigid sex roles- you stay at home while he runs the street, give him sex when he wants it, etc.
9. Sudden Mood Swings
10. Past Battering-the favorite that television and the world has heard. "They made me do!"

I will do more on this from other points of views. No woman should be treated this way. Ladies be safe! Please contact me questions or concerns at writer.poet.crouell@gmail.com.

References:

Healthy Place www.healthyplace.com
Penny Beale Memorial Fund www.pennybealememorialfund.org/abusivepersonality.html

No comments:

Post a Comment