Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My History at Home

    I know some of us can sing that song. "I am proud to be an American at least where I know I am free." Well, at once upon a time in life this wasn't true for the African American people. I am thankful for the ancestors for making the way for our generation. Yes, if it wasn't for those ancestor we wouldn't have never had Dr. Martin L. King, Rosa Parks, and many other greats who took a stand. In making this stand we have civil rights. Even thought we have those greats. I want to share those greats that wasn't known for their courage. 
    One person I would like to share is Wealthy Hargett. Let me first say I LOVE her! She is a mother,grandmother and inspiration to others. She is a woman who is strong in the Lord. She is full of wisdom. She live her life exactly by the scripture "acknowledge God in ALL your ways and he will direct you path." She has touched many of lives. She is an inspiration to other due to the fact, when she was at an age where her peers was retired. She decided to go back to school. She received her bachelor degree in Criminal Justice. That is  determination!
     The next person was Rella and John Crouell. I MISS them very MUCH! Rella was a good mother, grandmother, and in-law. John and her raised twelve children including Rella's sister children and grandchild. Rella done field and housework. She also raised plenty of children in her time. I must say that she was hospitality. You didn't leave her house without a stomach full of her collards. Her special recipe of collards that her children was taught LATER. John done several odd jobs in his time. God has gave him the gift of working on car. He could repair a car like I never seen. I remember as a little girl he would get up before day. He would pull an engine out of a car and take it completely apart. Before the sun goes down, that car engine was put back together. It was running smoothly until you couldn't hardly here it. John hardly charged people for repairing their cars. His goal was if I could help somebody. Then his living won't be in vain. John and Rella was loved by many. They touched a LOT of lives. If you knew them you were bless, if it was a meal , word of wisdom or just PURE love. John and Rella highest accomplishment is MIGHTY Crouell Brothers. Their powerful voices has changed lives in more ways that one.These are just a few of my examples. I will miss both of them DAILY. 
   I won't to leave with you. Help someone to reach the next step because you don't know what is in store for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment