Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

What It Like To Be Served cont.

"Lane, Lane! yelled Dad.

"Yes, what is it?" she asked.

"What was you doing? I called for you twice."

"Dad, I was in my room listening to music. I couldn't hear you because I had my headphones on."

"Lane, would you take off my shoes, please?" asked Dad.

"No, Mom said when this day come to tell you. No. If you think I'm being disrespectful. I will show you the letter."

"Go get it now!" he commanded.

Lane slowly walked to her room calmly and confident. She promised her Mom that no man will make her a servant. Her Mom told her to get an education, travel the world, all of it at your fingertips. The more Lane remembered what her Mom told her. A smile of joy and happiness began to show outward.

"What are you smiling about?" asked Dad.

"Nothing, Dad. Here is the letter."
Lane handed her father the letter knowing everything Mom said before she died was true about Dad. He read the letter with tears filling his eyes."
"Dad, are you crying? I haven't seen you emotional since Mom gave us the news about the cancer." said Lane.

"Lane your Mom sound so happy in this letter. It bring back memories when we went on our first date. I thought she was so beautiful. God gave me a gift. I didn't take care of her like I should. I can't get my angel back. I took advantage of her. She used to tell me that the kids are going to grow and have their lives. We need to have ours now, so when they start theirs we won't miss a step. Lane, your Mother treated me like a King. I didn't treat her like the Queen she should have. I blame myself daily." Dad replied.

"Dad, you know what you did wrong. It's is time to heal. Be there for us while we are here. I pray God give you someone who you will cherish like you should. Dad, who should be served?"

No comments:

Post a Comment